Founded in 2000, Numiko is an award-winning independent digital agency based in Leeds, who believe in creating technology with a conscience.
We work with a varied range of forward-thinking clients from broadcasters to charities, delivering best in class digital strategy, creative and development all focused upon the user. You'll be working on award-winning projects for the likes of Channel 4, Design Council, Goldsmiths University, the Science Museum Group, and the King's Fund.
We are passionate about creating great digital work for our users and clients and having fun in the process.
What you can expect from working at Numiko
- A competitive salary
- A great city centre studio to work in with your choice of tech
- Access to the Numikon Fund to make your working life better
- Good working hours (we don’t tend to work late!)
- The opportunity to push your skills, experiment and deliver world-class projects.
Every member of Numiko is a team player – someone who works closely with the existing front-end, back-end and creative teams. We want someone who shares ideas, helps improves the process as a whole and has the motivation to create outstanding websites.
We’re looking for a passionate and pragmatic PHP Developer. Here’s what we’re looking for in each.
What we do:
- Build Drupal 8 websites and write bespoke modules to integrate with external services and bend Drupal to our will. As much as possible using Composer, Configuration Management and other ways to smooth development
- Create Symfony applications
- Maintain our Drupal 7 sites
- Work with the frontend team to integrate and support their work with tools and knowledge we can pass on
- Work with producers to plan and estimate
- Participate in stand-ups, sprint planning, client show and tells
- Deploy sites and ensure they run smoothly. We're interested in PaaS and using modern hosting to improve our workflow
- Security reviews
- Share knowledge and contribute ideas about how we can improve the way we work. We're strongest when we communicate and learn from each other
What our PHP Developer needs to have
- Any experience of Drupal and a keen willingness to learn more
- Any knowledge of frameworks like Symfony and the object-oriented principles behind them
- Some experience with data-driven JS application building, and an interest in libraries and frameworks such as RequireJS, Angular, React etc
- Good working knowledge of git
- Have a good awareness of web application security
- Any experience of integration of external APIs
- Basic Linux/Apache admin skills
- Awareness of how to write testable, reusable components
If any of these roles sound like you then please send us your CV, online portfolio with your latest samples of work and a covering letter describing your involvement within those projects to email@example.com. Please make sure you name the role you are interested in within the email title.
Please note we do not wish to hear from recruitment consultants.