User Experience Architect
Founded in 2000, Numiko is an independent award winning digital studio based in Leeds who believe in creating technology with a conscience.
We work with a varied range of forward thinking clients from broadcasters to think tanks, delivering best in class digital strategy, creative and development all focused upon the user.
We are passionate about creating great digital work for our users and clients, and having fun in the process.
Numiko are evolving and expanding our team with a new focus and are on the look out for great talent to join our team.
We are on the look-out for a User Experience Strategist who is passionate about planning elegant and engaging user experiences to join our design team, helping Numiko to continue to craft beautiful and effective websites for our clients.
You will be adept at researching and analysing user and business requirements, solving complex problems and distilling ideas in a highly creative manner to deliver engagement.
Our ideal candidate will be able to both operate independently, self directing their work, and also collaboratively, communicating and consulting openly with our team and clients.
Understanding an organisation's aims:
- Gathering business requirements with senior client teams
- Understanding brand values and translating them into a digital experience
- Aligning stakeholders through a user centred design process
- Using analytics to measure success against the implemented strategy
Researching user needs:
- Undertaking formal evaluations of existing websites and mobile applications for usability
- Ethnographic research
- Designing and carrying out formal studies including think aloud studies, focus groups and usability testing
- Commissioning or carrying out qualitative and quantitative studies and analysing their results
- Research, including sector and competitor intelligence
- Designing and running multivariate and A/B tests
- Using web analytics, heat maps and data sources to understand the effectiveness of a solution
- Identifying user groups and their motivations
- Persona creation
- Production of Information Architecture, site maps and user flows, then testing them with real users
- Designing page level Information Architecture, i.e messaging, content, and functionality hierarchy
- Leading the design team on the production of interactive wireframes using tools such as Axure
- Briefing the design and development teams on implementation
As a key member of our team you’ll be:
- Dedicated to your craft, taking great pride in what you do
- Excited and inquisitive about digital, someone who likes to play with new approaches and methods to drive innovation and share knowledge
- Creative yet practical, someone who can create fantastic ideas, but also understands how they will be delivered
- Adept at problem solving and proactive to work with the team to get things done to the highest quality
You will also have:
- Great communications skills, including being able to contribute to blogs and give talks
- A creative and collaborative approach, supporting the wider Numiko team and learning from them
- The urge to push yourself and the team to deliver better work with each project
Most importantly we’re looking for a team player – someone who wants to work closely with the our technical and creative teams – someone who shares ideas and has the motivation to create outstanding websites that make a difference to people’s lives.
What you can expect
- A competitive salary
- Bonuses for meeting targets
- An awesome studio to work in
- Access to the Numikon Fund to make your working life better
- Good working hours (we don’t tend to work late!)
- The opportunity to push your skills, experiment and deliver world class projects
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV, online portfolio with your latest samples of work and a covering letter describing your involvement within those projects to: email@example.com with “UX Architect” in the title.
Please note we do not wish to hear from recruitment consultants. Sorry guys.