Back End Developer
We are looking for a back end developer with an eye for detail, a willingness to learn, and perseverance with problem solving.
You might be looking to start your journey in web development, be a developer looking to move into new areas, or indeed an experienced Drupal developer. Either way, you’ll learn how we build sites, be guided by our senior team members and eventually be leading projects yourself.
We’re looking for a developer to join our backend team. We mainly build Drupal sites, but Drupal experience is not necessary.
The exact technical skills you have aren’t important. What we’re really after is an eye for detail, a willingness to learn, critical thinking, problem-solving perseverance and knowing when to ask for help.
We emphasise building sites that will be easily updated, are secure and perform well for years. We do this with good processes and communication, so you’ll participate in those.
What you'll be doing
After an induction period, day-to-day you’ll participate in morning stand-ups for the project you’re working on, plan and build CMS websites, do security and performance reviews, contribute ideas to the wider development team and help maintain our portfolio of sites. You get a day of personal development time every two weeks to work on personal objectives.
You’ll be able to meet everyone in the agency during our monthly get-together, when we order in lunch, do company updates and usually go for drinks afterwards.
You’ll be working with some of the best-known organisations in the world, alongside a team that’s delivering award-winning, best-in-class digital experiences. Our clients include Eden Project, Booker Prizes, British Museum, The Science Museum Group, Channel 4, Ofgem, Chatham House, The King’s Fund, The National Archives, Teenage Cancer Trust and The Children’s Society. As you can see, we choose to work with organisations that exist to make a positive difference to the world.
We love what we do and our clients love working with us.
Our values are what holds our team together, so we’re only interested in hearing from people who can demonstrate the following:
- We do the right thing. We act with trustworthiness, understanding and empathy with each other and our clients.
- We work smart and simplify. We like simple, elegant solutions to problems. Our processes make it easy to get work done and easy for our clients to work with us.
- We are sherpas for our clients. We are a trusted guide for our clients providing clear, concise and confident explanations and advice.
- We have a can-do attitude. We take responsibility for our work, both individually and as a company.
- We have fun. Having fun is an essential part of working at Numiko. We develop great relationships with our clients and each other.
Our offer to you
- Competitive, experience-based salary - our Junior, Mid-weight and Senior bands are £22-32k, £32-42k and £42-52k pa respectively.
- 30 days holiday (not including bank holidays)
- Office shutdown over Christmas and New Year
- Your birthday as a day off
- Beautiful office in a city centre location, 5-minute walk from Leeds train station
- Workplace pension scheme
- Personal development and progression plans
- A brand-new laptop
- Development budget to spend on equipment, conferences, books, courses. Whatever you need to excel
- Regular social events
- Bike to Work Scheme
Working for Numiko also features lots of other perks.
If this sounds like you and you're authorised to work in the UK, send your CV and a letter describing in no more than 500 words why you think you'd be a great fit for this role to [email protected].
Please note, we do not wish to hear from recruitment consultants.